Saturday, February 10, 2018

The "Other" stuff

The card show post the other day was mainly an overview of the 2 boxes with some wax boxes and mini sets mixed in. Let us take a closer look at some of the haul.




Vintage non sports Zorro cards from my favorite dealer at this show.




What can I say.......Good Times!  Dyno-mite!





How about a little Gomer,  Shazam!
I made certain to hit Fred (not my Uncle) this vendor up first and I did. He is also the guy where I got my 2018 Topps from.



Now on to those wax boxes I busted open, all but 1 the day after the show. The first box I opened was the 1994-95 Fleer Excel. I'm not usually a minor league kind of guy, but I had a feeling i'd get my $6 bucks worth.



Mid 90's no doubt, look at the craziness.  These are the All Stars inserts.  No PC guys above.






The League Leaders inserts and 1 PC guy in Billy Wagner.





First Year Phenom inserts.




 

The COMPLETE Braves team set.




Lordy lordy I knew I had a good feeling about this box.  And if you have to double up on an All-Star insert who better than Derek Jeter!




Here are some other notable names, but there were a ton more.



Moving on to the 1995 Leaf inserts.







The Vaughn is for the Broken Bat mini collection. The front shows the swing in action, and the back shows the afterwards shot.  Kind of looks like a b ig toothpick on the back.



1995 Fleer inserts:


always like the Lumber Company inserts, but these seem lacking somehow.





The art cards or provisions whatever they're called are pretty cool, but I probably have them all. the Award Winner are lacking as well. It's like Fleer got lazy.





The Prospects, I must say Jeter looks the best, and again doubleed up which is great here because I can stick that #24 Jersey in the Jersey Number binder.






And wrapping this up with the All Star Game inserts which feature a different player on both sides. I showed the one I liked best.  :P





and some League Leaders.


1995 Ultra. I only opened one of the two boxes so far. Each pack came with a Gold Medallion and an inserts, and sometimes that insert would be a Gold medallion too.




Just showing the Gold PC guys.




The top 3 inserts are Gold medallion.




Very Bright.




So so. 2 PC guys.



3/4 of NL League Leaders are PC guys.




1 PC, 1 BD, 1 Maybe guy.  The AL sucks,  lol.


Go Braves. That it will do it for the card show. I did a lot of set building this past trip took my book in and knocking the 70's down.  Still a race to see which set is completed first. Check them out some are down to just a few. Maybe you can close em out for me.  Hey, I can dream right.


Have a great night.




2 comments:

  1. Dang. Those 1994-95 Fleer Excel All-Star inserts look like something from the opening credits to In Living Color. The only thing missing are the Fly Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with Zorro! That's a set I hope to get further along with at some point as well.

    ReplyDelete